Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A day in the life of RSD

Well where to begin today, last night was rough for me. I cried some, just thinking about how this horrible monster has affected my life in so many ways. I mean at 29 you never think you will have to experience something like this. I am so thankful that I have so much support and love around me. My mom passed away almost 3 years ago, I have cried more during these last few days since being diagnosed, than I have in a long while. I dont care how old you are, your never too old to need your mom. Last night my meds made me sick, so I spent some time in the bathroom before I was finally able to get some sleep.

This morning I was actually able to wake up to my alarms instead of sleeping right through them. I got my daughter ready for school and then laid back down until I had to start getting ready for physical therapy this afternoon. This will be the first time I have driven myself to therapy so I was unable to take any pain meds before going. EEECK definately not looking forward to that, not to mention I had to put a shoe on my foot. OUCH OUCH OUCH...  So I get to therapy, but keep in mind this is my first visit since being diagnosed so my therapist isnt aware of what I have been dealing with the last few days. So I get back there and I ask my therapist if he remembers what I was telling him last thursday about how my leg and foot were and feeling and he says yes he does. I tell him that I went to the dr about it on friday and they have said rsd has officially set it. He then tells me he thought so, just from what I was telling him and how my leg looked. So he was already thinking RSD before the dr officially said it. Hmm guess I was outta the loop on this one lol

So he starts me out on the bike...again OUCH I still cant go completely around, but hey we will get there. He then brings me back to the table, where one of his Residents comes over and he starts explaining to him about rsd and what it does to a person and he asks me to show him the picture of my leg so he could see what it does, then he tells him not to touch certain areas of my leg. We continue therapy and at the end my therapist comes back over and says that if I want he can do some therapy for the RSD but it is very unpleasant. We agree that he will start that next week so that hopefully sometime in the future I am able to come off the crutches and walk again :) YAY!!

When I get home I finally get a call from my ortho doctor giving me the information for the pain management dr that treats rsd and said I can call and schedule an appointment. Once again :) YAY!!
So I make the phone call and I now have an appoinment to see her on the 18th of this month. I am hoping to get on the right combination of medications to hopefully give me some sort of relief. Oh and speaking of medications, today my dose of Lyrica went up to 100mg. Lets see how this treats me :) 

((Hugs))  Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment